Treasured Heights is a media producer covering the backcountry ski and splitboard scene across the nation. Our videos start with the Skiing States Series – a quest to ski all the snowy state highpoints from Maine to California. We also have written articles in our Blog about skiing the highpoints and other wilderness areas.
Current count: 16 short films
Video Listing: (click on links to see the YouTube videos)
Skiing States Series:
A full short documentary on each state, the journey to ski the highest point, and the people there, set to a mix of stock and local music. These are the longest and most refined of Skiing States media videos. Has narration.
- Skiing States: Maine – The hardest mountain and most wild mountain in the Northeast (7 min)>
- Skiing States: Minnesota – The people and wild lands of the frozen north (7 min)>
- Skiing States: North Dakota – Part 1 and 2
- Skiing States: Vermont – in production
- Skiing States: Wyoming – in production
High Point Shorts:
Just mountains, the climb, and ski set to music. No narration and short (1-3 minutes).
- High Point Short: Skiing Borah Peak – Idaho
- High Point Short: Gannett Peak – Wyoming
- High Point Short: Mount Rainier via Emmons Glacier – Washington
- High Point Short: Mount Whitney – California
- High Point Short: Mount Hood – Oregon
- High Point Short: Wheeler Peak – New Mexico
- High Point Short: Boundary Peak – Nevada
- High Point Short: Black Elk Peak, South Dakota – in post production
- High Point Short: Humphreys Peak – Arizona
- High Point Short: Timms Hill – Wisconsin
- High Point Short: Mt. Arvon – Michigan
- High Point Short: Panorama Point and Pawnee National Grasslands – Nebraska
A variety of subjects including conservation, local animals and skiing shots not used in complete high point descents.
- Skiing States OUTTAKES: New Hampshire: Powder Day on Sherburne Ski Trail (Mt. Washington)
- Skiing States: Addendum: Winter Raptors of the High Plains
Backcountry Profiles Series:
About the people who have shaped the backcountry and skimountaineering scene in each region. Main page on this series is here.
- Backcountry Profiles: Vermont: John Egan (6 min)
- Backcountry Profiles: Arizona: Len Necefer – (4.5 min)
- Backcountry Profiles: New York: Jim Goodwin – in production
PLEASE feel free to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Thanks!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel for future releases, thanks!
About the Skiing States project: