Treasured Heights is a media producer covering the backcountry ski and splitboard scene across the nation. Our videos start with the Skiing States Series – a quest to ski all the snowy state highpoints from Maine to California. We also have written articles in our Blog about skiing the highpoints and other wilderness areas.
VIMEO Video Channel (full Skiing States Documentaries only) >
YOUTUBE CHANNEL (both extended productions and shorts) >
Current count: 16 short films
Video Listing: (click on links to see the YouTube videos)
Skiing States Series:
A full short documentary on each state, the journey to ski the highest point, and the people there, set to a mix of stock and local music. These are the longest and most refined of Skiing States media videos. Has narration.
- Skiing States: Maine – The hardest mountain and most wild mountain in the Northeast (7 min)>
- Skiing States: Minnesota – The people and wild lands of the frozen north (7 min)>
- Skiing States: North Dakota – Part 1 and 2
- Skiing States: Wyoming – Journey to the highest point in Wyoming Gannett Peak
- Skiing States: South Dakota and Nebraska: “Paha Sapa, The Skiers Journey”
- Skiing States: Utah – The infamous 36 mile ski, the third hardest of high points.
High Point Shorts:
Just mountains, the climb, and ski set to music. No narration and short (1-3 minutes).
- High Point Short: Skiing Borah Peak – Idaho
- High Point Short: Gannett Peak – Wyoming
- High Point Short: Mount Rainier via Emmons Glacier – Washington
- High Point Short: Mount Whitney – California
- High Point Short: Mount Hood – Oregon
- High Point Short: Wheeler Peak – New Mexico
- High Point Short: Boundary Peak – Nevada
- High Point Short: Black Elk Peak, South Dakota – in post production
- High Point Short: Humphreys Peak – Arizona
- High Point Short: Timms Hill – Wisconsin
- High Point Short: Mt. Arvon – Michigan
- High Point Short: Panorama Point and Pawnee National Grasslands – Nebraska
- High Point Short: Mount Marcy, New York
- High Point Short: Mt. Greylock, Massachusetts
A variety of subjects including conservation, local animals and skiing shots not used in complete high point descents.
- Skiing States OUTTAKES: New Hampshire: Powder Day on Sherburne Ski Trail (Mt. Washington)
- Skiing States: Addendum: Winter Raptors of the High Plains
- Mindfulness and Skiing Lecture: Part 1 How Mindfulness can Help Skiing
- Mindfulness and skiing Lecture: Part 2 Flow State vs. Mindfulness
Backcountry Profiles Series:
About the people who have shaped the backcountry and skimountaineering scene in each region. Main page on this series is here.
- Backcountry Profiles: Vermont: John Egan (6 min)
- Backcountry Profiles: Arizona: Len Necefer – (4.5 min)
- Backcountry Profiles: New York: Jim Goodwin – in production
- Backcountry Profiles: South Dakota: Brent Kertzman & Kevin Forrester
PLEASE feel free to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Thanks!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel for future releases, thanks!
About the Skiing States project: